UP CLOSE & PERSONAL INTERVIEW with FAHARI Magazine & SISTERHOOD of NATURAL HAIR


"One Drop" Mix Media by Chidinma Dureke 2013


FAHARI Magazine, is apart of Chase the Dream-Culture, their mission is to further strengthen the cultural and artistic bond between peoples, specifically Africa. 

Sisterhood of Natural Hair (SNH)has a purpose to empower women, improve our self-image, and create pathways for future generations to come. Their mission is to re-engineer the hair products that African American women use and revitalize cosmetics that highlight our beauty. Learn about SNH @ sisterhoodofnaturalhair.com 

No one can make it without the support of others.
Thank you FAHARI Magazine & SNH. 

- Chi-chi

" It was like I had a “aha!” moment when I first cut it all off. I didn't know who I was looking at, I was so use to the long extensions. I asked myself how I can possibly make a nappy head look beautiful. It was kind of hard for me to embrace it at first but after a while I started loving it. "I realized that my hair did not define me. The way I feel about myself is what makes me beautiful. Freedom is the only word that comes to mind when I think of my natural hair. I encourage every black woman to go on this journey to stand up and stand out."


CLICK HERE TO READ ENTIRE SNH INTERVIEW 


READ FAHARI THE INTERVIEW BELOW





CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE ISSUE 



No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
23. Full time artist eager to share my work with the world. Based in MD. Join ME!

Slider