Commissioned Portrait for ROASA, Inc.


"Roasa"
12 x 12 inch
Oil On Canvas
by Chidinma Dureke
Spring 2013

ROASA 

R emembering
O ur
A ncestors
S ynergistic
A ssociation


ROASA's mission is to inspire young people to love themselves, respect their ancestors and others. Through our creative African American historical programs we foster a sense of self-esteem for all young people.

I will be speaking as a youth entrepreneur and selling prints during ROASA's 1st Annual Women's Unconditional Love Retreat! May 17th -18th, 2013 at the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel. 

ROASA's Recently commissioned me to do a piece that embodies thier mission and cause. Of course I Yes! Helping to empower young women of all ages is something that I hold close to my heart. I truly feel its part of my life's purpose and hope to convey this beauty on our strength through my artwork.

I took pictures of some of my progress will I was working. Enjoy!












I didn't know how the final piece would pan out. As for the roses surrounding her neck, I love how it looks like she's wearing a turtle neck made of real roses. Line, Shape & Movement = Simplicity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
23. Full time artist eager to share my work with the world. Based in MD. Join ME!

Slider