FIRST MONOCHROMATIC PAINTING

STAGES OF THE PROCESS

So this was my first time attempting to painting a photo realistic Portrait. To get batter at what you do who have to get  unforgettable and push your self outside your comfort zone. That is exactly what I did with this portrait of Common. 






 My inspiration for this oil Painting was inspired by Chuck Close. Chuck Close is a huge American Portrait Artist. His portraits based on photographs have helped me to take a closer look at the art of portraiture.








(Right) Chuck Close, Phil, 1969, acrylic on canvas
(Left) Chidinma Dureke, Common Love, Oil On Canvas 24 x 24


This was the final Stages of the Portrait I did of Common. I'm glad to say I enjoyed it ! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chichi,
    Been a while, hope all is well. Your paintings popped up on my facebook today and I thought "Wow you are good!" I checked out your page, and thought, it wouldn't be right if I left without dropping a GREAT JOB comment. When I move, I may be contacting you for some pieces for my place. Keep it up and wish you the best of success.

    Sekinat M

    ReplyDelete


About Me

My photo
23. Full time artist eager to share my work with the world. Based in MD. Join ME!

Slider